Thursday, June 23, 2005

Yahoo

This is an unplanned post. My e-mail went ballistic on me as I was trying to delete an unwanted message (was it mine you all say?) so now I either give up and save a few yuan or I change course and send this out to all you yahoos. My surroundings are very pleasant in the heart of a hutong old style residential neighbourhood of which Beijing has fewer and fewer. I am at a guest house with lanterns, tiled roof etc. which is built around two courtyards and is definitely a place I would recommend, especially to those wishing to avoid the five star hotel syndrome this city suffers from. Yesterday was a visit to the Beijing International Tourism Expo. It was supposedly only a day for trade people which Helen and I did not know but they gave us complimentary tickets. We were dancing with the Phillipines crew within two minutes of entering the pavilion. Well I have a lot to say or nothing to say, take your pick. I am enjoying sitting here typing but must be moving on. Off to the seaside to-day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home