Saturday, June 25, 2005

Pervasive Haze

To-day the pollution haze has followed up a depressing day of the same yesterday. I miss blue skies and wonder if that is affecting my mood since I am now going through a phase in which many things are irritating. Honking and aggressive taxi drivers are perhaps top of the list. This morning changing hotels I deliberately snubbed one who raced over honking furiously as he saw my heavy bags. He must have been thinking I would pay for his next round of drinks. I quickly flagged the next oncoming taxi of which there is always one. However to compensate I am in a great hotel with a view of the sea (when you can see it which may be a sea change if you forgive the pun). I am in Beidaihe and can now dump my heavy bag full of teaching materials of which I am overloaded. Maybe things are looking up after all. The temperatures are now very agreeable after the high thirties sustained over a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home