Saturday, July 16, 2005

Meatballs

Bill Murray may be better known for the cinematic spoof on summer camp than he is for Lost in Translation. No matter, he was a Canadian in the wilderness. This is not the wilderness although the marshes, waves and sea mist do give it a wild feel at times. So far teaching at summer language school has gone well. However I have only one class under my belt to date. Junior B is up next in a couple of hours. It will be bigger in size than Senior which I had yesterday. Salon, free discussion in the evening, is where it should all hang out. I will need to pace myself, there are businessmen from Henan coming next week and the workload will go up. Since this is a summer seaside resort the atmosphere around town is pretty festive, especially with the large Russian element. Some students have travelled 36 hours by train to get here. I have unpleasant memories of one eight hour trip so I can just imagine. Accommodation for teachers is fine but bare bones for the students. Looks like my visa shenanigans are just about over. Should be in Beidaihe for a month then back to Xingtai for a fortnight. Swim anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home