Thursday, July 21, 2005

Friendship Hotel

I have just come from extricating a student's tape from the tape machine in my room. She wants me to play it in class to-morrow. Celine Dion gave the tapedeck indigestion it seems. Not only would I surely have lost the student's admiration for the duration but it would have jiggered my technical wizardry at oral class to-morrow. Whew! So now I have one week under my belt as a teacher. The Junior "B"s oral class is daily, supplemented by video sessions with middle and senior levels. Adult company employees from Wuhan will be here next week so the summer camp will take on a new feel. One teacher will even have to double up in rooming arrangements. One constant is the Russkie presence at the Friendship Hotel across the street. Better go. The humidity you can cut with a knife. I need a beer. Who cares if it really just dehydrates you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home