Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Leftover Wine

What do you do when the party is over and your friends have gone home? A bit like Melanie I feel nostalgia for the good times. I have come to the end of teaching, I have said good-bye to my Xingtai folks and also to the tour group who left a few hours ago. I have come to the sea again for a few days and am at Rizhao, Shandong. But my stay with the tour group is over and they are on the bus half way through a ten hour return trip as I type this. I hope Pretty Girl gets some shut eye on the makeshift pillow I bought - some inflatable swimmers' armbands. The coast was inundated with tourists over the week-end, the last before school goes back, but now is virtually deserted. The sea breeze is pleasant but skies are grey and threaten a storm. I now am virtually free from responsibility and have my freedom - but human nature being what it is, now freedom is within my grasp it doesn't seem so appealing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home